Reporting to Supervisor Production Engineering, this position is part of the Operations team in Calgary and will:
- Support and maintain the existing base production; monitor production and operating costs; identify and execute improvements; plan and develop optimization strategies.
- Analyze well gathering systems and facilities; evaluate well performance problems; recommend remedial actions/optimizations and make decisions to meet operating cost and production budget targets.
- Complete economic evaluations on servicing, optimizations, well tie-ins and facility work.
- Review shut-in wells and recommend appropriate action.
- Act as a primary Calgary engineering contact for field personnel to help troubleshoot daily operational issues and coordinate with appropriate staff to help resolve them.
- Work closely with the area foreman to ensure production volumes are maintained, and projects are executed in a compliant, efficient, cost effective, timely and safe manner.
- Travel to the field on a regular basis in support of the above.
- An Engineer with a minimum of 8-10 years directly related experience or a Technologist with a minimum of 15 years of directly related experience.
- Current membership with APEGGA or ASET and a P.Eng or C.E.T designation.
- Knowledge of multi well oil batteries and of single well batteries and tank treating systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to clearly communicate thoughts on complex issues.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
“Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted”