Reporting to the VP Exploitation, this position is mainly responsible for managing the company’s reserves and resource evaluations in assigned areas throughout the year and through to the yearend independent engineering reserves evaluation cycle. This position will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Work with the company’s independent reserves evaluator throughout the year and at year end to co-ordinate and evaluate the company’s reserves.
- Work closely with the Exploitation Engineers to develop a comprehensive resource assessment for the assigned areas; including resource-in-place evaluations, recovery forecasts and long term development plans.
- Participate in the generation and management of the company’s long term plans.
Contribute in all reservoir engineering functions including economic evaluations, look back evaluations, monitoring reservoir and reserves performance, and providing support for oil and gas asset evaluation of acquisition and divestiture opportunities.
- Assist the asset teams with setting the expectations for recovery potential and opportunities for increased recovery associated with Enhanced Recovery Schemes and other projects such as infill wells, injector conversions, pattern alignment, work-over’s and recompletions.
- Where required, provide reservoir engineering support to various other company teams in the areas of joint ventures, production, exploitation, facilities and exploration.
- Provide “Mosaic Database” support to the company and the asset teams by maintaining price forecast scenarios within the Mosaic economic evaluations program.
- Other responsibilities as directed by the VP Exploitation.
- A professional Engineer or a designated Petroleum Technologist with a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience. Preference will be provided to those with experience in various engineering disciplines such as reserves evaluations, exploitation and to a lesser extent facilities and operations.
- Familiarity with Mosaic, GeoScout, AFE Navigator, Microsoft Office, PVR and other industry software.
- Must be an energetic team player who is well organized, adapts well to changing priorities, has strong attention to detail and demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
“Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted”